Japanese Drama
cam
2004-06-06 05:00:03 UTC
Hi:

Anybody know where I can download some Japanese drama's (pref. with
English subtitles)?

Thanks!

Cam
James Eckman
2004-06-06 16:00:01 UTC
Post by cam
Anybody know where I can download some Japanese drama's (pref. with
English subtitles)?
I'm assuming you live in the US based on your e-mail. You can subscribe
to TV Japan via satellite or in some places the cable companies carry
it. It's about 25-30 dollars a month. You will then have more Japanese
TV than you can watch ^_^. Even with high speed access, downloading lots
of video is tough.

Jim
Gerry
2004-06-10 00:00:01 UTC
Post by James Eckman
Post by cam
Anybody know where I can download some Japanese drama's (pref. with
English subtitles)?
I'm assuming you live in the US based on your e-mail. You can subscribe
to TV Japan via satellite or in some places the cable companies carry
it. It's about 25-30 dollars a month. You will then have more Japanese
TV than you can watch ^_^. Even with high speed access, downloading lots
of video is tough.
And the "pref. English subtitles"? I assum that TV Japan does not have
subtitles, nor any other such service. Right?
--
First they gerrymander us into one-party fiefs. Then they tell us they only
care about the swing districts. Then they complain about voter apathy.
-- Gail Collins
James Eckman
2004-06-10 13:30:01 UTC
Post by Gerry
And the "pref. English subtitles"? I assum that TV Japan does not have
subtitles, nor any other such service. Right?
The Taiga dramas are subtitled and there are a few programs with English
but for the most part, no. Only about half or less of the dramas
broadcast in the SF Bay Area have subtitles.

Another good reason to keep studying ^_^

Another method is to get bilingual DVDs and use the subtitle on/off
button. Very convenient and useful. I believe Netflix has a good
assortment of Japanese films.

If you live in NY, SF or LA you can either watch or rent them. It may be
possible in other locations as well.

Jim