Akihabara bookstores
Prophet of the Way
2005-05-11 23:15:01 UTC
Laox closed the 'Book-kan'. There is a book corner on the 3rd floor of
the 'Computer-kan', but I saw no imported books there. The book corner
is about a quarter of the floor.

Shosen Book Tower does not sell imported computer books any more.

Blue Parrot, the used bookstore that started in Aoyama and then moved
to Takadanobaba, has a branch in near Subway Suehiro-cho on Chuo-dori.
They have used computer books. The store is quite hard to find. It's on
the 7th floor of the building above Janpara 5, south end of the block
with UFJ Bank and Subway Suehiro-cho Exit 3.

http://www.blueparrottokyo.com/akihabara_map.html
This is a confusing map. North is right.

Bookstores in Tokyo, Akihabara section:
http://www.geocities.com/evelynleeper/jp-tokyo.htm#akihabara

Sometimes the above Geocities site is down with the following message.
Please be patient.

- Sorry, this site is temporarily unavailable!
- The web site you are trying to access has exceeded its allocated data
transfer.
- Visit our help area for more information.
- Access to this site will be restored within an hour. Please try again later.

Douso, The Prophet of the Way

[cross posted to scjm with permission from moderators]
g***@dmztest.vsr.ambisys.net
2005-05-12 04:00:01 UTC
I suppose the gradual evaporation of the foreign book market is due
mainly to the likes of Amazon. The last time I was there, though, the
Yaesu Book Center, on the Yaesu side of Tokyo station, had a very good
selection of English language computer books, especially O'Reilly
books.