I'm moving to Yokota Japan!! Are there any colleges in that area?
Charlene
2004-09-27 13:15:02 UTC
Hello.

My husband got orders to Yokota Japan and I am looking for a
university to apply to when we are there. There may be colleges on
Yokota Air Force Base, please let me know. I am pursuing a degree in
Early Childhood Education.
Don Kirkman
2004-09-27 23:45:03 UTC
It seems to me I heard somewhere that Charlene wrote in article
Post by Charlene
My husband got orders to Yokota Japan and I am looking for a
university to apply to when we are there. There may be colleges on
Yokota Air Force Base, please let me know. I am pursuing a degree in
Early Childhood Education.
I lived on the wrong side of Tokyo to know the distances, but the
International Christian University is on the west side, the same general
direction as Yokota IIUC. Also AFAIK there is no religious requirement
or emphasis. It's been a long time, so I don't know anything about
current admission requirements, curriculum, or costs.

Google hits suggest some American universities have branches or campuses
near Tokyo, Temple University in particular.
--
Don
***@covad.net
Michael Cash
2004-09-29 13:30:02 UTC
Post by Charlene
My husband got orders to Yokota Japan and I am looking for a
university to apply to when we are there. There may be colleges on
Yokota Air Force Base, please let me know. I am pursuing a degree in
Early Childhood Education.
I lived on the wrong side of Tokyo to know the distances, but the
International Christian University is on the west side, the same general
direction as Yokota IIUC. Also AFAIK there is no religious requirement
or emphasis. It's been a long time, so I don't know anything about
current admission requirements, curriculum, or costs.
The military bases also have their own branches of US universities,
set up and operated for military members and dependents. She may have
to travel to a different base to get the courses she wants, but
support for undergraduate and masters level courses is available.

Michael Cash
Kiryu

Michael Cash
2004-09-27 23:45:04 UTC
Post by Charlene
Hello.
My husband got orders to Yokota Japan and I am looking for a
university to apply to when we are there. There may be colleges on
Yokota Air Force Base, please let me know. I am pursuing a degree in
Early Childhood Education.
http://www.yokota.af.mil

Yes, you can further your college education. The Family Service Center
(or whatever the Air Force calls it, I was Navy) at your current
location should be able to point you toward resources to help you with
your transition/transfer and with gaining information about your new
location. That's what they're there for and they're a far better
resource than we are. Put them to work for you.

Michael Cash
Kiryu, Japan