Popular Japanese music from the 60's
Geir Waaler
2004-10-11 13:45:02 UTC
Hi all!

I'm making av documentary of my parents who lived in Japan in the
early 1960's, and I'm looking for some contemporary Japanese music
from that period.
From my own childhood I still remember a japanese childrens song
"Konichi wa, akachan", but any music from that period will do!

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Regards,
Geir Waaler
Norway
m***@netMAPSONscape.net
2004-10-12 13:30:02 UTC
Post by Geir Waaler
I'm making av documentary of my parents who lived in Japan in the
early 1960's, and I'm looking for some contemporary Japanese music
from that period.
From my own childhood I still remember a japanese childrens song
"Konichi wa, akachan", but any music from that period will do!
Well, there's "Ue o Muite Arukou" (in English, re-titled "Sukiyaki")

Mike
Michael Cash
2004-10-13 13:30:01 UTC
Post by m***@netMAPSONscape.net
Post by Geir Waaler
I'm making av documentary of my parents who lived in Japan in the
early 1960's, and I'm looking for some contemporary Japanese music
from that period.
From my own childhood I still remember a japanese childrens song
"Konichi wa, akachan", but any music from that period will do!
Well, there's "Ue o Muite Arukou" (in English, re-titled "Sukiyaki")
I have quite a bit of stuff, but I'll have to ask Geir to wait until
the weekend so I can sort out some 60s stuff to send him

Michael Cash
Kiryu
SuperOutland
2004-10-13 23:45:02 UTC
aki")
Post by Michael Cash
I have quite a bit of stuff, but I'll have to ask Geir to wait until
the weekend so I can sort out some 60s stuff to send him
Michael Cash
Kiryu
oh yeah do yo still ahve that big old website. most of the songs were
shit but there were a couple good ones
Nona
2004-10-19 23:45:03 UTC
Post by Geir Waaler
Hi all!
I'm making av documentary of my parents who lived in Japan in the
early 1960's, and I'm looking for some contemporary Japanese music
from that period.
What a nice idea! I was also thinking about getting some music from
40's through late 60's for my Dad as a rememberance of my mom.

If someone know any online store or site where I can purchase (besides
Amazaon Japan) or download any music please let me know. Thank you.