Japanese-American columnist on the Iraqi hostage incident
Prophet of the Way
2004-06-19 00:15:03 UTC
Japanese-American columnist Gil Asakawa writes of the Iraqi hostage incident.

Prisoners in their own land - 26 April, 2004

The great thing about being Japanese American is that sometimes I can
feel more Japanese, and sometimes more American. These days, I'm wanting
to feel more American. I've been following the sad story of the Japanese
hostages who were released by Iraq and returned to Japan.

Doesn't anybody in Japan remember the terrible tragedy of the children
left in the wake of WWII? ... The U.S. Occupation helped the homeless
of all ages, and jumpstarted the process of rebuilding Japan.

http://nikkeiview.com/archives04/042604.htm
Stuart McGraw