History of the modern haiku?
Donald Jacob UITVLUGT
2004-11-29 03:00:02 UTC
I am hoping that someone can help me.

I'm looking for a history of the haiku since Shiki up to the present
day written in a Western European language (though romanjin versions
of the haiku would also be nice). I like to think that I have a decent
beginnings of a grasp of haiku history from Basho to Issa, but I know
too little about the story after Shiki and the split between Kyoshi
and Hekigoto.

Does such a work exist?

Thank you very much for your help!

Donald
Prophet of the Way
2004-12-02 00:57:15 UTC
Post by Donald Jacob UITVLUGT
I'm looking for a history of the haiku since Shiki up to the present
day written in a Western European language (though romanjin versions
of the haiku would also be nice). I like to think that I have a decent
beginnings of a grasp of haiku history from Basho to Issa, but I know
too little about the story after Shiki and the split between Kyoshi
and Hekigoto.
Maseterpieces of Japanese Poetry, Ancient and Modern
Asataro MIYAMORI
Taiseido Press 1956

For other titles try:

Tokyo University of Foreign Studies Library online catalog
http://www-lib.tufs.ac.jp/opac/WebOpacE.html

Book reviews, Japan-related titles:
http://www.ForReaders.com
Prophet of the Way
2004-12-10 04:30:01 UTC
Try Shiki Haikusphere:

http://haiku.cc.ehime-u.ac.jp/
Post by Prophet of the Way
Maseterpieces of Japanese Poetry, Ancient and Modern
Asataro MIYAMORI
Taiseido Press 1956
Sorry, "Masterpieces".